Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hello, Blogging World!

So, this is my very first blog posting. It may be crap. It may be gold. Feel free to comment and let me know what you think. Just don't be nasty - we all have to start somewhere, right?

For starters, this blog WILL discuss Twilight related topics. A LOT. If this is your thing, welcome! If not, bug off!!

Talk to the hand, non-twi beeches!

I started my journey into the Twilight rabbit hole by purchasing a copy of the DVD. Scratch that.

I bought Breaking Dawn in hard back for my step-daughter when it came out. I offered to take her to the midnight party at our local B&N, but she isn't a crowd person and didn't want to go. At this time, it was *her* thing. She had read them all and was anxiously awaiting the final book. I bought it, gave it to her, and didn't think much more about it. Until the movie previews came out. Being an Anne Rice nut through The Vampire Chronicles, I was all about going to see a vampire movie, even if it was a "teen" vampire movie. She wasn't. She didn't think the casting was just right. Whatevs. So, we didn't go.

So, maybe I wasn't quite this upset at the time. Now, I know what I misssed.




Flash forward several months...the DVD came out. I met my ex and my 17 year old at Best Buy to look at stereos for son's car. I had already decided that I wanted the DVD, but I hadn't summoned the appropriate amount of courage to just do it. We decided on a stereo model and the kit he needed to make it fit his dash right. I waited around for them to leave. The ex talks. A lot. I kept waiting and trying to seem disinterested in anything he had to say. It wasn't hard. I kept wandering the store waiting for them to leave. They finally left. I finally bought it. I watched it twice in a row when I finally watched it - alone.

Much, much better!


Flash forward several more months...I have pre-purchased the Double Feature tickets for a total of five people at my local theater, bought a gray peacoat and red scarf (for the festival!), various tees from Cafe Press, and I have arranged to leave work early for the evening's festivities. Wow. What a big difference a few months and four audio books make! From a closeted interest to a fully outed fan, from twitter and blog cluelessness to maintaining both and meeting a vast array of FANTASTIC people all over the world, and from a mostly productive member of society to a full on fanfic addict and beta reader. It's been quite a ride, and I am so glad to be a part of this fan community.

See! Don't we look like we're going to the St. Marcus Day Festival???

So, here's to Twilight and the common interest that has brought so many of us together who would never have had the opportunity to get to know each other without it! Speaking of those, I can't even begin to start this without a huge shout out to Twitarded and Inspired by Lemons. You chics rock my world!

5 comments:

  1. Nicely done! Wish I was clever enough to blog.

    I think you're completely NORMAL!

    Does your stepdaughter share your obsession? or has she out grown it? I took my daughter with me to Forks last year. She has a normal life, but she plays along with me when I need a real life partner. She says she's TEAM JACOB just to get to me, but I think she would feel really weird lusting after Robward like her mother does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm sure I will be tweaking for a while until I get it just right.

    She enjoyed it when I started, and we talked about things a lot while I was listening to the books on CD. She goes to the midnight showings with me, but she is also Team Jacob. She likes that I will buy her stuff! She has a ton of posters and t-shirts. I need to take a picture of her room and post it!

    I certainly agree that it would be awkward if we were both "into" the same character / actor. I'm pretty pleased that we have found a nice yin/yang Twilight relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo! Love your first post! And thank you, thank you for giving my blog a mention :-) I'm loving the colour scheme - I'm a purple girl too :-) You want help with banners and buttons - I think I can help :-) Got yourself a photobucket account? If not - do it!

    Looking forward to more, more, more!

    CC x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have a photobucket account when you asked, but I have one now! It's just empty! :o(

    ReplyDelete
  5. nicely done LoriAnnTwiFan! I have to say i love hearing about how everyone got into the Twiworld. I have to say my daughter although she's only 8 is also a Team Jacob fan but thats only because she knows he turns into a wolf and she likes wolves:). thanks for following me on twitter. its been very sweet to see all the follows from when i mentioned i was a newbie on twitarted. following your site now for sure! libbybelle523

    ReplyDelete